After working my whole life I thought I was preparing for my retirement. Not being an expert in Financial matters, I entrusted my hard earned savings and also my pension to an advisor from Continental Wealth Management who in turn invested in Momentum Pensions Malta and SEB in Ireland.

this was overseen by Trafalgar who were supposed to use due diligence in checking out that everything was legal and above board. Now, 3 years down the line, Continental Wealth Management has closed down and my investments have lost 60% of their worth. This was due to monies being invested in highly dubious and risky structured notes. Since this has happened, both Momentum Trustees and Trafalgar have more or less ignored the hundreds of people who are in the same boat as myself.

They are only keen to take their fees on a regular basis, and offer no help, advice or suggestions as to how to recoup the horrendous losses suffered by many. Avoid them at all costs.

Review about: Trafalgar International Retirement Investment Service.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Being conned.

Comments

#1419509

I have lost over 130k since the end of 2014 through CWM/Trafalgar/Momentum/OMI & although I 'thought' I was getting somewhere with CWM, I still haven't been told how they have lost nearly 2/3rds of my pension fund.

From a statement I have received, I can work out that monies were lost to Leonteq, Commerzbank & EFG, but at no point was I asked about investing with any of these companies.

I understand from some involved that there has been signatures forged, but still not found out who is responsible.

I am just hoping the remaining funds aren't also fraudulently invested too.