Difficulty Getting Money Back for a Cancelled Trip

In my earlier review, I said that Trafalgar would not return my $5000+ for a tour that was supposed to happen in the fall of 2020. I do want to report that they finally returned the money minus the $400 deposit we put down for the two of us. Dianne Otwell

User's recommendation: Do not prepay for a whole trip. Just put down the deposit--and be ready to forfeit that money if you decide not to take the tour.

Atlanta, Georgia

SEB and Trafalgar toxic combination

They have lost 45k of my money and continue to put money into Leonteq without my advice. They are corrupt. We need to deal with them. SEB wrapped up a LIfe INsurance policy as a product open to corruption and manipulation of hundreds of people.
Barcelona, Catalunya
Trafalgar International Investment Service

Be Warned - Dean Stogsdill From CWM Javea

So you put your trust in these muppets who sound like there going to do wonders with your money and what happens, there all out for themselves and put you into poor investments that wont make you money but WILL make them good money on commissions !!!! I along with many other people lost money from Continental Wealth Management and Dean was they guy who singed me up on it all - And all was going to so good with my investment and in a few years time I would have a great return, lies, lies and more lies and they knew it. Stay clear from this guy and be very careful who you invest your money with as there are plenty of cowboys out there.

Lets go for them in Germany.

Trafalgar International Investment Service
Cons
  • Being conned
Not as described/ advertised

Daylight Robbery

After working my whole life I thought I was preparing for my retirement. Not being an expert in Financial matters, I entrusted my hard earned savings and also my pension to an advisor from Continental Wealth Management who in turn invested in Momentum Pensions Malta and SEB in Ireland. this was overseen by Trafalgar who were supposed to use due diligence in checking out that everything was legal and above board. Now, 3 years down the line, Continental Wealth Management has closed down and my investments have lost 60% of their worth. This was due to monies being invested in highly dubious and risky structured notes. Since this has happened, both Momentum Trustees and Trafalgar have more or less ignored the hundreds of people who are in the same boat as myself. They are only keen to take their fees on a regular basis, and offer no help, advice or suggestions as to how to recoup the horrendous losses suffered by many. Avoid them at all costs.

surely we can all get together and take then to court in Germany

#1419509

I have lost over 130k since the end of 2014 through CWM/Trafalgar/Momentum/OMI & although I 'thought' I was getting somewhere with CWM, I still haven't been told how they have lost nearly 2/3rds of my pension fund.

From a statement I have received, I can work out that monies were lost to Leonteq, Commerzbank & EFG, but at no point was I asked about investing with any of these companies.

I understand from some involved that there has been signatures forged, but still not found out who is responsible.

I am just hoping the remaining funds aren't also fraudulently invested too.

@PissedConsumer1419509

My story is similar 45k so far lost with CWM Trafalgar SEB combo and nobody is taking my phonecalls. we should join together and fight back. I think we stand a better chance in Germany.

View more comments (2)
Frankfurt, Hesse
Trafalgar International Retirement Investment Service
Cons
  • Being conned
Bad quality
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Dean Stogsdill and Neil hathaway

Please avoid these 2 consultants based in Spain at all costs! They worked for Continental Wealth Management and were both responsible for investing clients monies through QROP'S and Investment bonds. They have lied about their involvement when in fact they both had Directorship, Ownership and Title Responsibility. It is strange that they were both terminated from CWM under the Trafalgar Umbrella yet it is that Company that have been considering licensing them? I have enquired to how many clients have been dramatically affected by these 2 wanton pariahs and I WARN anyone considering their services to dig further because you will find much more information!

surely we can take them to court in Germany. They didn't have a licence.

Not as described/ advertised

Not a rocket science

You need to understand why companies like Trafalgar International and similar choose to operate offshore and not from the UK? The reason is very simple, the business model they operate on has been outlawed in the UK, and this has been done for a very good reason. The model is such that they get paid by various (and dubious) investment mechanisms they choose to invest your money in, and you do not need to be rocket scientist to realise that there is a conflict of interests here. You would like to grow you investments and they want to optimise the premiums.Needles to say who is in charge of the money, how this gets resolved and in whose favour. Do not let be fooled by a 'free service' offer they make.You should have learned by now that there is no such a thing as free lunch, especially not in the investment industry. My suggestion, find yourself a fee based UK financial consultant. I learned this lesson hard way, but you do not need to. Boris

#1419103

Been scammed of 130K by CWM, Trafalgar, Momentum & OMI. Don't touch any of them with a barge pole.

Leave your pension with your employment company rather than let these scammers pinch it from you! Even if you don't live to claim it, why let some evil scammers make money out of it???

#1419080

Hopefully this company will be investigated to get full disclosure on how much they are getting paid by people advocating products that are not suitable and evidence gathered to show they should be under regulation themselves.

#1419068

Don't let this company scam you out of your Pension. Retirement poverty will soon arrive if you trust them to do right by you. They won't!!

#1419051

Trafalgar - Int. are not legalised for pension advice.

They are just scamming ***. They should not breath the same air as the decent hardworking people they have fraudulently taken money from.

Why are they still allowed to trade ??

Trafalgar Internation are all crooks, and i have now heard that they have a higher license in Cyprus where they can steal more peoples money by changing their name!

#1282078

While in the past, TRafalgar International GmbH did have both, the license for insurance brokerage and the license for investment advice from the IHK Frankfurt, they have lost (or returned) the license for investment advice for some time now. Reason being a complaint with the IHK Frankfurt, because they failed to list and register all the "advisors" they have had for investment advice in the public registry as required by German law.

some of these "advisors" - many of which came from DeVere Germany and are well-known for this kind of business - have moved on by now.

If you have been sold an insurance plan (pension plans usually are assurances ), there are a number of standards and rules that are required under German law for proper advice. Among them the need to disclose the costs for such a plan in full EUR with the quote or, at the latest, with the contract. If that was not the case, you have a solid chance to get your money back with the help of the courts.

For investment advice: if anyone else but the director Anthony Barnett, has advised you, this advice was not legal as the other persons were never vetted and registered as investment advisors.

Therefore you also have an excellent chance to claim your money back.

There is a legal firm in Munich already collecting evidence and clients to this regards - check for Kanzlei Mattil ! Or read more on Toytown Germany.

@PissedConsumer1282078

Trafalgar are taking fees of 6-8% on structured products.

@PissedConsumer1282078

I went to Mattil. They wrote one letter for me and then the lawyer left.

Now nobody is representing me. If anybody knows other lawyers in Germany, please post here.

View more comments (8)
Nuremberg, Bavaria
Bad quality
$20000

Trafalgar International - Mark Kilham

I spoke to a gentleman called Mark Kilham from Trafalgar International who seemed very enthusiastic about the product he was offering me. I agreed to meet however upon reading this I had my doubts..... Mark came across very pushy and played on my emotions to 'close the sale' constantly referring back to my family and using them as a tool. He has some personal details of mine which I didn't disclose to him. I then found out he was a part of the DeVere team (Belgium) which I believe had to cease trading and this was forced by the police. Now he does not stop calling me!!! I have said no several times!! Can somebody please advise.....
#1282082

Trafalgar International GmbH has no license anymore in Germany for investment advice, only for insurance advice (which would cover, though, advice on most pension plans as they are typically life assurance products). Therefore beware if they are offering you investment advice or wealth management etc.....

they are not allowed to do so.

IHK Frankfurt is happy to receive direct complaints, too.

For advice on pension plans: they HAVE to disclose the full costs of these plans in full EUR (and not as a percentage or number of premiums) BEFORE you sign the contract. Otherwise the contract was illegal and you have a solid position to have it rescinded and get your money back.

@PissedConsumer1282082

That is interesting. At the moment they are handling my money and have just put it all in Leonteq which has lost 85%. The policy should be null and void and I hoped that I could file a case.

Looks like he is known by the local police.

Tut Tut

View more comments (2)
Munich, Bavaria
Poor customer service

Trafalgar International Scam

TRAFALGAR INTERNATIONAL The Financial Services and Markets Authority (FSMA) warns the public against the activities of Trafalgar International, a company with offices at avenue Lloyd Georgelaan 7, 1050 Brussels, which claims to be offering investment services and insurance intermediation services. Trafalgar International does not have the authorization as an investment firm which is necessary to offer investment services in or from Belgium. Moreover, Trafalgar International is neither registered with the FSMA as an insurance and reinsurance intermediary, nor as an intermediary in banking and investment services. The FSMA thus advises the public against responding to any offers of investment services made by Trafalgar International and against transferring money to any account number they might mention. Anyone wishing more generally to enquire as to the regularity of any transaction proposed can find further information on the "Consumers" page of the FSMA website (www.fsma.be) or by contacting the competent department (telephone: +32 2 220 ** **; email address: peri@***.be). http://www.economicfrauds.com/Trafalgar_International.pdf
#1282089

meanwhile, for some short time, Trafalgar actually had a full license in Germany for both insurance brokerage AND investment advice. However, the investment license was improperly used and after a complaint with the responsible regulator for this, the IHK Frankfurt, Trafalgar is no more licensed as an investment advisor in Germany.

While they are still licensed to offer insurance advice (which usually includes pension plans, as they are most of the time life assurance products), the advice on pension plans requires a lot of information and disclosure to the clients.

One of them being the requirement to disclose all costs for setting up and administering the plan in FULL EUR ! (and not in percentage or number of premiums or something like that which only helps to hide the actual costs).

Plus: Generali Vision, for instance, is not even licensed to be offered in Germany or within the EU.

Therefore victims who have been sold on such a plan have an excellent chance legally to demand all their money back.

Cheerio

I agreed to meet however upon reading this I had my doubts.....

@PissedConsumer972150

Good day,

I had a meeting with the same Person and would like to hear more about your experience before I make any decisions.

Regards,

Pieter

@PissedConsumer982500

Guttentag,

I felt he was unfamiliar with the products and was only looking to push me into "the best plan" for his commission.

I have dealt with DeVere in the past and he was VERY DeVere esq.

My wife had fallen ill and as I disclosed this infomation he was forcing upon me a plan which will "protect" me and my family in case she died.

Very unprofessional. I wouldnt recomend, I went to the bank and got a better deal. :-)

View more comments (3)
London, England
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article